Saturday, November 6, 2010

30 for 30 Remix Challenge

5135624277_cc32e80b1e_z

Kendi of Kendi Everyday is having a 30 for 30 Closet Remix Challenge which I've decided to participate in. The premise simple: take 30 items from your closet, style it into 30 different outfits to wear for 30 days.


STEP 1: Take 30 items from your closet

Well, I kinda cheated on this as half of my 30 items are new. :P
But that's ok coz I think I really deserve a mini shopping spree after the predicament I've "suffered" as documented in my previous post here.

So, here are my 30 items. Well, it's 31 actually!! I don't want to squeeze my brain anymore just deciding which 1 item to remove from the list.

Gosh, I've already cheated twice, and we're just on step 1!
Am I disqualified now?!?!?!

SHEATH DRESSES
Sheath Dresses

SD1 - gray Banana Republic v-neck sheath dress.
SD2 - two-tone Calvin Klein sheath dress.
SD3 - black Magaschoni sheath dress.
SD4 - black Ann Taylor flutter-sleeve sheath dress.


I think I'm setting myself up for failure by posting the stock photo of these models! :D


Oh well, moving on...


SKIRTS
Skirts
SK1 - gray Dolce & Gabbana skirt
SK2 - black Moschino C&C A-line skirt
SK3 - white Carolina Herrera pencil skirt
SK4 - brown Banana Republic pencil skirt


BLAZERS, JACKETS, CARDI
Blazer
B1 - gray Theory blazer
B2 - navy blue Anne Klein suit
B3 - khaki Ann Taylor blazer
*the cardis will be a wildcard pick!


LAYERING TOPS
Layering Tops
T1 - gray Ann Taylor satin sleeveless top
T2 - pink Banana Republic satin dress
T3 - pink Marc Jacobs hearts satin top
T4 - floral pink Ann Taylor halter top
T5 - gray Ann Taylor satin sleeveless
T6 - polka dot pink Ann Taylor ruffle top
T7 - tie-dye pink Ann Taylor top
T8 - floral blue dress from Saks
T9 - salmon A|X tee
T10 - blue A|X pleated pocket dress




PANTS

Pants

P1 - black A|X snap leggings
P2 - black 7 for all Mankind skinnies
P3 - blue 7 for all Mankind skinnies
P4 - black JBrand jeans


SHOES!!!
Shoes

S1 - Prada nude pumps
S2 - Chanel burgundy patent pumps
S3 - Dries van Noten python heels
S4 - Stuart Weitzman black patent pumps
S5 - Gucci gray suede pumps
S6 - Vivienne Westwood Melissa flats


It's the shoes selection that I was most excited about! So much so that I seriously contemplated on picking just 30 pairs of shoes and nothing else. But then it would be very indecent to show up for work in nothing but a pair of shoes -- that would sure end my career, well my career in the corporate world, at least!! :P But I do love my job, so there, a happy compromise of 6 pairs!


STEP 2: Style 30 different outfits for 30 days

Styling 30 outfits for 30 days is not a problem. Posting those styled outfits here is!

I seriously don't know how in the world would I be able to manage posting an entry everyday for 30 days. The longest posting streak I did so far is probably just 1 whole week and I was just at home staycationing.

If I end up cheating a little bit, please forgive me in advance. Such cheating, which I'll hereby refer to as "creative alternatives" will include but not limited to:

  • Taking pictures of the said outfits not on the day as I wear them -- could be before or after depending on how crazy my work schedule gets.
  • A wildcard shoe selection (outside of the list) - because I really love shoes!
  • A few wildcard clothing pieces -- perfectly excusable as I'm in a unique position as I take on this challenge: I will be traveling midway through this challenge and I will transition from winter to summer as I travel!



STEP 3: No shopping for 30 days

I did not shop for 64 days prior to this and I consider that one of my major achievements in my adult life. :D

30 days should be E-A-S-Y! But we'll see!



So there, let the remixing begin!
RAR_4151


Be sure to check the other 337 bloggers who are joining this challenge!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...