Sunday, July 12, 2009

5% Imeldific

1aa-blog photos20-5
-- Christian Louboutin Decoltissimo 85 --
There is something about THE red sole that makes a girl feel undeniably sexy. Just five hours of owning these pair of Louboutins and I already do. Sick but true.

I really don't know what is it about shoes that makes an ordinary girl like me fall head over heels (pun intended) and gaga all over. If you think about it, it's really just a pair of leather-made outer covering worn to protect oneself from the elements (credits to Webster for the definition). How can then such a simple article of clothing evoke so much emotion especially among the female population?

Carrie Bradshaw was fashionably fixated with her Manolos enough to accumulate a mortgage’s worth; Hollywood starlets swear by their red-soled Louboutins, Swarovski-encrusted Blahniks and the uber sexy 4-inch Jimmy Choos - each fetching for at least $600 a pair and can go as high as $14,000! Yes, a Blahnik alligator boots sells for $14,000. A steep discount though compared to Stuart Weitzman’s Cinderella shoes for $2M.... Indeed, what a fairytale!

While my shoe collection is not a mortgage's worth, it's a hundred pairs too many. I have Minneapolis to blame for that because outrageously discounted items are not hard to come by in this area. And whenever I see something deeply discounted, I'd pick it up without much thought. Repeat the process a few (a LOT!) more times and that's exactly how I got to a ridiculous Imeldific number of 200 pairs and counting.

I would gladly exchange 30 of my one-hit-wonders for one special pair that I will wear over and over again. Two weeks ago, I did just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...