Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Pleated Skirt Dress

1aa-blog photos22-2

-- Calvin Klein pleated skirt dress -- Banana Republic belt -- Christian Louboutin pumps --
Keeping the accessories at a minimum makes this dress speak out for itself in a simple,
subtle and classy kind of way.

I don't have the kind of body to pull off a pleated skirt dress. But that did not stop me anyway from buying a few in the past. I only stopped wearing them when one time, a complete stranger asked if I was pregnant! To my shock, surprise and embarrassment, I just answered "Yes" and smiled (with one hand tightly clenched behind my back to stop myself from giving him a big, fat slap!).

Last week, as I was doing my weekly (err DAILY!) rounds of retail stalking at Off Fifth, I gave myself another chance to fit into this cut. And I think I may have just found a perfectly suitable one in this Calvin Klein piece. It was NOT perfect, just perfectly suitable. But at 75% off (originally $144), it was good enough. And for me, good enough is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...